Fiona's Travels podcast is out!

I've done it!!!!!!! https://anchor.fm/fionaistravelling
one year on from setting off on my travels, my first podcast is not only on my website but is actually OUT THERE IN PODCASTLAND. 
'Fiona's Travels; fascinating conversations and traditional music' is out there on AnchorListen to it here



It's exactly a year since the Repeal the Eighth abortion referendum in Ireland, and abortion up to 12 weeks is now legal in Ireland.  Beyond that time some women still have to travel, and we have to remember it's still illegal in Northern Ireland to have an abortion, where women procuring an abortion - or medical staff who are part of the process - face jail sentences up to life, even longer than the sentences being put forward in Alabama currently.  In my first podcast on Anchor, 'I'm looking forward to the day when I don't have to tell my story' West Cork goat farmer and political activist Vanessa O'Sullivan shares her very personal story and talks about why she's been involved in campaigning for abortion rights for women in Ireland. (Vanessa stood this week as a People Before Profit candidate in the Skibbereen-Clonakilty area in the West Cork Cork County Council elections).   


I've only been able to get to this point with the help of an online sound engineering course by Liam Davin (currently available on Udemy here at a reduced price of £9.99 - normal price £88), all errors in sound engineering are my own of course, I haven't finished the course yet!!)  and my Commitment Buddy Kerry Ollerenshaw of Cotton On Morecambe who helped me make a  production timetable  and kept me on track (I look forward to her new blog series!)  Thanks both.  

Over the next few months I'm hoping to get lots of my interviews and recordings 'out there'. Future episodes (as it says in the show notes) include 'To be the best you can' - an interview with County Wexford thatcher Matt Whelan (whose linkedin profile says he is a 'thatcher and part time philosopher)    .. and 'Getting to know "the other"' - an interview with Alan Bern, director of the Yiddish Summer Weimar Klezmer music festival.  And lots of music.      

Some of these have been available on the Hannah Frank website for a while, but it'll be 'new improved' versions that get published more widely. So if you listened to this last year, it's the same content with a new top and tail. I'd very much welcome your comments.  

Please pass on to anyone you think will be interested.


Written on a train journey from Glasgow to Oxford ... on my way to my annual pilgrimage to Bampton in Oxfordshire, followed by a Klezmer weekend in Normandy  all being well)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I'm on my way!

A Year Away without leaving the ground no 4.... Tenerife to Salvador de Bahia Brazil - including my Story Telling debut (a long and sad love story that got a standing ovation)

A week on the rocks